Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Assignment 3-PartB


I have nothing to hide:
 
            We should all be concerned about privacy and how it affects each and everyone of us.  Privacy is pretty much dead today, and that really scares me.  It is very intimidating to know that anyone can access my personal information at any time of the day, even if I don’t know them personally.  This can cause many issues for society, and is life threatening.  For someone to say “ I have nothing to hide…. So it does not affect me” is not accurate at all because everyone has personal information that they do not want to share with just anyone.  We all have some things we want to keep private. 
            Many people are unaware of how much information is not protected anymore.  For example, when you are online shopping you think that your credit card information is being protected; but in reality if someone wanted to get access to your credit card number they could if they tried; especially if you’re on the other end of the computer receiving the payments from that specific card.  People should be aware about how privacy is dying more and more each day.
            I am very concerned about online privacy because people can access my information at anytime without me even knowing.  These people include the Government, if they want to find something without my permission they can.  It also worries me how when you delete something off the Internet you think it’s deleted and gone for good, but really it’s still there.  It will always be there forever, once you make something available to the public, it will be there for good.  I am very concerned with online privacy, especially now a days. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment